Secret Service alters public access to grounds outside White Hou

Secret Service alters public access to grounds outside White House fence

The agency is reviewing security measures at the White House after a man jumped a fence last month to gain access to the White House. (Source: Pool/CNN) The agency is reviewing security measures at the White House after a man jumped a fence last month to gain access to the White House. (Source: Pool/CNN)

(CNN) - The Secret Service has announced increased restrictions at the White House. The Secret Service will begin restricting all public access along the south fence line of the White House.

It started Wednesday at 11 p.m. ET, and will remain in place for the immediate future. The restricted area will include the sidewalks, roadways and parkland areas. The same area has been off-limits overnight since 2015.

The Secret Service said the restrictions will not obstruct or hinder the public's ability to view or photograph the White House and its grounds.

The agency is reviewing security measures at the White House after a man jumped a fence last month to gain access to the White House. 

Copyright 2017 CNN. All rights reserved. 

  • National politicsNational politicsMore>>

  • With US talks in limbo, Korean leaders hold surprise summit

    With US talks in limbo, Korean leaders hold surprise summit

    Friday, May 25 2018 9:23 PM EDT2018-05-26 01:23:07 GMT
    Saturday, May 26 2018 5:25 PM EDT2018-05-26 21:25:56 GMT
    (AP Photo/Ahn Young-joon). Protesters hold candle lights during a rally to denounce the United States' policies against North Korea near the U.S. embassy in Seoul, South Korea, Friday, May 25, 2018. North Korea said Friday that it's still willing to si...(AP Photo/Ahn Young-joon). Protesters hold candle lights during a rally to denounce the United States' policies against North Korea near the U.S. embassy in Seoul, South Korea, Friday, May 25, 2018. North Korea said Friday that it's still willing to si...
    South Korea says it feels relieved about the revived talks for a summit between President Donald Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un over the future of Kim's nuclear weapons program.More >>
    South Korea says it feels relieved about the revived talks for a summit between President Donald Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un over the future of Kim's nuclear weapons program.More >>
  • 'Quiet revolution' leads to abortion rights win in Ireland

    'Quiet revolution' leads to abortion rights win in Ireland

    Saturday, May 26 2018 2:43 AM EDT2018-05-26 06:43:19 GMT
    Saturday, May 26 2018 5:25 PM EDT2018-05-26 21:25:18 GMT
    (Niall Carson/PA via AP). A man walks past a mural showing Savita Halappanavar, a 31-year-old Indian dentist who had sought and been denied an abortion before she died after a miscarriage in a Galway hospital, with the word YES over it, in Dublin, Irel...(Niall Carson/PA via AP). A man walks past a mural showing Savita Halappanavar, a 31-year-old Indian dentist who had sought and been denied an abortion before she died after a miscarriage in a Galway hospital, with the word YES over it, in Dublin, Irel...
    Official counting is set to begin in Ireland's historic abortion rights referendum, with two exit polls predicting an overwhelming victory for those seeking to end the country's strict ban.More >>
    Official counting is set to begin in Ireland's historic abortion rights referendum, with two exit polls predicting an overwhelming victory for those seeking to end the country's strict ban.More >>
  • Venezuela's ex-oil czar sees economic collapse accelerating

    Venezuela's ex-oil czar sees economic collapse accelerating

    Friday, May 25 2018 4:22 PM EDT2018-05-25 20:22:51 GMT
    Saturday, May 26 2018 5:24 PM EDT2018-05-26 21:24:06 GMT
    Venezuela's President Nicolas Maduro speaks to members of the Constituent Assembly during a ceremony to recognize him as the winner of the presidential election. (Source: AP Photo/Ariana Cubillos)Venezuela's President Nicolas Maduro speaks to members of the Constituent Assembly during a ceremony to recognize him as the winner of the presidential election. (Source: AP Photo/Ariana Cubillos)

    Venezuela's former oil czar said crude production in the OPEC nation will continue to plummet in the aftermath of President Nicolas Maduro's re-election.

    More >>

    Venezuela's former oil czar said crude production in the OPEC nation will continue to plummet in the aftermath of President Nicolas Maduro's re-election.

    More >>
Powered by Frankly
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2018 Raycom Media. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.